I just got back from the doctor and found out that my official due date is December 18th, 2009!
So far I have been feeling great, just a few symptoms here and there. The doctor did say though that the morning sickness usually starts around 6 weeks, I will be 6 weeks on Friday. Hopefully I will be one of the lucky ones and be spared the morning sickness!
Mike and I will go in for our first offical doctors visit in about a month. At that point we have our first ultrasound and we will hopefully get to hear the baby's heartbeat.
We decided before we got pregnant that the sex of our baby would be a surprise. One of the few real surprises we can give ourselves. Of course, since finding out we are pregnant Mike said he wants to find out :) I am going to have to stand my ground here though. I just really want the surprise of hearing the doctor say "It's a ____"!
Getting our due date today made the whole thing feel a bit more real. I am looking forward to some other milestones like getting our first ultrasound, hearing the heartbeat, starting to show, feeling the baby move...all of the steps along the way will make this whole thing actually seem real to me, cause at this point I still can't quite believe it.
I'm really so, so excited for you and Mike! It's such an amazing experience. And as slowly as it can go - enjoy every moment! Your lives will change froever in a few short months!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
-Heather