Monday, September 21, 2009

Baby Rath's Nursery

Sorry for the delay in updating the blog. I was going to update once we had the nursery all put together which I thought was going to be a couple weeks ago. To make a long story short, we had a little bit of a fiasco with the crib. One of the pieces was damaged so they had to order in a new one and that took longer than anticipated. Excuses excuses....but here I am now updating our blog :)

The pregnancy is still going great. I can't tell you how lucky I feel to have had such an easy pregnancy thus far (let's hope it continues). We are now about 26 1/2 weeks along so the 2nd trimester is coming to an end! I just can not believe how fast it is going. The baby is getting stronger and stronger every day...I can tell from the kicks. The other night while we were lying in bed the baby was pretty active so Mike got to feel the kicks for the first time. I think it was a pretty neat experience for him.

We have our next doctor's appointment on Oct 8th where we will again get to see the baby with an ultrasound. At our 20 week appointment they couldn't get a good enough view of things so the doctor wanted me to come back in 2 months to rule out placenta previa. At my last appointment I spoke with the midwife about it and she said it is just a precaution and she really didn't think it'd be an issue but it's better to be safe than sorry. More than anything I am just excited to get another chance to see the baby. I would assume this will be our last ultrasound so it will be fun to see the baby again and see how much it has grown.

This weekend Mike had his last day off for quite some time. We were able to take advantage of that and get more baby stuff done. The headboard to the crib came in so we went to go pick that up. While we were down in the area we also registered at Target. We had previously registered at Babies R Us, but wanted to do Target as well. It is amazing all the things babies need. Not sure where we are going to put everything?!?! Thank goodness my sister Heather came with us to register at Babies R Us. Mike and I had no idea what we were doing. It was great to have someone come along that had the experience of 3 children under her belt...she knew what we needed and what we could skip. I really recommend to anyone that registers, bring along someone who knows what they're doing...it helps out tremendously.

After we were done with our errands in the cities we headed home and got to work on the crib and finishing up the nursery. This was just another step in the whole process that makes it seem more and more real. I love the way the nursery turned out! Thank you to everyone who made it possible, Jan and Russ for painting for us and buying the furniture, thanks to Mike for putting everything together, thank you to my mom for buying us all of the baby's bedding and thank you to The Baby Fairy for already filling the baby's dresser with tons of clothes, books, blankets, etc. This baby is so blessed to have you all in their life!

Here is a look at the finished product!



2 comments:

  1. How exciting!! Can't believe you only have 12-13 weeks left...which means Christmas is coming that soon, too. Better get started on that shopping;)
    Congratulations on all the fun and exciting things going on!
    Baby will be here before you know it!!
    Can't wait to meet him or her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm anxious to hear how your appointment with ultrasound goes tomorrow!
    I'm SO glad that you've had a good pregnancy- it guarantees more Rath babies after this lil one. :)
    Keep up the good work Mama!
    love, neen

    ReplyDelete