We went in this morning for Allison's two month check up and she is a growing girl. Allison is up to 7 lbs, 80z and is 19 3/4 inches long. She still isn't on the charts as far as her height and weight but she has kept on the same curve since she was born, with a preemie that is what they look for so that is just fine. It is still crazy to think that had she been born on her due date she'd only be 3 weeks old!
At the appointment this morning they gave Allison her first set of shots. I was so scared for her, but she took them like a champ which at this point shouldn't be any sort of surprise. She cried for a couple minutes (and it was the first time I saw actual tears from her) but since then she has been great, I hope it continues.
I have continued to enjoy my time off with Allison and I hate to think about going back to work, however...I need to. I miss the people I work with but it is going to be so hard to leave Allison. For those of you who don't know, my mom has offered to watch her while I go back to work. I can't tell you how much of a relief that is. I know that if I can't watch her, the 2nd best thing is to have her with her Grandma! It will be so much easier leaving her in the care of someone I know loves her and will take great care of her!
Not much else is new in the Rathlisberger household. This past week Mike went out of town for a buying show and Allison and I went down and stayed with my parents. It was fun to be back home and spend some time with my mom since she is done working. I think they really enjoyed having Allison there, having me home again...I am not so sure ;)
We still don't have Wiley our pup home with us. Mike's mom was nice enough to come up and get him when I was admitted to the hospital. Ever since then Mike's parent have had him down at their place. Now that Mike is back from his buying show and we are settled in at home, we are excited to get him home. Wiley sure does like attention so we are hoping he will do fine with his little sister. We saw him for Christmas and he did great with her, hopefully that's the case when we get him home.
Every month I get together with my high school girlfriends for dinner. This past month was the first time Allison got to come with. My friend Neenee had a baby boy 9 days before Allison so we had to snap a picture of the two of them together. We have already decided that they will be married when they are older ;)
Here are some of Allison's honorary aunties. These girls have been my best friends since high school and Allison and I couldn't be luckier to have them in our lives. We hope the beginning of 2010 found you all happy and healthy! We are looking forward to 2010 and all the changes it will bring.
Love,
Holli, Mike and Allison


No comments:
Post a Comment