Sunday, February 14, 2010

Monthly Update

I really need to get better at updating our blog, is it too late to make a New Year's Resolution? I will apologize upfront for the long, scattered post I am about to write.

First thing is first, here is Allison on her 3 month birthday. I weighed her on our scale at home and according to that she is 9 lbs. I can't believe she has tripled her birth weight.

We have had a great past month, again amazed by how fast time flies. Allison is doing great and it is so fun watching her reach new "milestones". Because Allison was premature we are suppose to measure her milestones from her due date, not her actual birthday. Here are some of the fun (well, not all of them) changes we have noticed/made...
  • She started smiling, a milestone I couldn't wait for her to reach :)

  • She is getting stronger neck control every day

  • She can stand (with assistance obviously) sometimes for quite some time

  • She cries!!!!! Here I thought we had a baby on our hands that never cried, she showed us ;) She usually has a fussy period every night. Sometimes it lasts for a short period, other times for hours.

  • She has become more reactive. She will smile back at us and this has to be my favorite!

  • She is now sleeping in her nursery

  • Last night we let her sleep until she woke up to be fed, we put her down around 11 and she slept until 7!!!! We shall see how this continues to go!

Over the past month we have had a couple of other fun events and got to see some friends. My good friend Trang is expecting her first baby in March so I threw her a baby shower with a TON of help from my mom. It was a great time and we are anxiously awaiting Baby Moe's arrival...counting down the days now! Allison can't wait to meet her new friend.


Speaking of Allison's friends, she got to meet a couple over the past month. My friend Nyla had a baby boy a month after I had Allison and we just had the chance to get together. Even though her son Sawyer is a month younger than Allison, he is quite a bit bigger, he is a cutie! We also got to see Jen and her boys Calvin and Graham when we did lunch and a bit of shopping, this was our 2nd time seeing them since Allison came home. Hopefully we will get a chance for another playdate before I go back to work. This past weekend we got to see 2 of my good girlfriends from college, Heidi and Kristi. Kristi had a baby girl, Libby, just a week after I had Allison. Libby and Allison being pretty much the same age I really noticed how small Allison is. Libby just looks so much more mature...Allison will get there though. It was so fun to see those gals and catch up, I wish we could do it more often. I am still kicking myself for not taking pictures during ANY of these get togethers. What was I thinking?!?!


A week ago Mike and I went skiing with my sister and her family while my mom and dad watched Allison. It was fun to get out and ski again, I didn't think I would be able to do that at all this season. Heather's boys were really excited to ski for the 2nd time and they did great. Mike and I can hardly wait until we can get Allison out there, Mike thinks when she's 2...we shall see ;)


My parents watched Allison again this past Friday night while Mike worked and I got together with my high school girlfriends. We got to have some much needed girl talk while enjoying yummy food. It was nice to have a night with the girls and know my baby was being well taken care of.


Tomorrow is Mike's birthday which we don't have any big plans for but on Tuesday we are heading down to Byron. Allison is VERY excited to see Grandma Jan and Grandpa Russ!!! Grandma and Grandpa are going to watch Allison during the day while Mike and I go to a ski demo at Welch. We are SO lucky that our families are so willing to watch our baby girl so mom and dad can enjoy some time together and with friends.


Ok, I think I will leave it at that. I will try and get this updated more often so it isn't so scattered :)


Holli, Mike and Allison!



Comments:


Chris Wagvik - Great to hear from you. I don't ever remember you having another blog. Anyway, spooky but great to hear about Allison. I'm so happy things have worked out well. When was her due date originally?
February 15, 2010

HolliHey Chris! I started my original blog when we found out we were pregnant, so I haven't had it for too long. I did end up moving all the info from the other blog over here though, so I wouldn't lose anything.Allison was due 12/24 but was born 11/06, so she was 7 weeks early. It was really scary at the time but we couldn't be happier with how things have turned out, she is doing great!I hope everything is going great with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment