Wednesday, March 9, 2011

We're Back!

I decided to move our blog back to our home here at blogspot. I liked how I could share pictures and our blogs on one place over at Shutterfly but I was never a fan of how you all got an email each time I posted something new or someone commented on something...so here we are. The control is back in your hands now, check in as often as you like or not at all, I just wasn't a fan of all the emails being sent by Shutterfly. I will get back to posting pictures on Shutterfly but when I do I will note it here so if you want to check them out you'll know when they are out there. Ok, enough of that!

I heard a lady on the radio yesterday talking about how instead of giving something up for Lent she decides to use that time to work on herself. Work on something in her life that she’s wanted change, almost like a New Year’s Resolution. I can’t say that I’ve ever been that great at resolutions or giving anything up for Lent but I liked this lady’s take on it. I’m not very good at making notes of things going on in our life so the blog is a great way to document things and have a record of them. Just today I went back to my blog to figure out when I went back to work after having Allison….it came in handy! So here I am…for Lent I am deciding to dedicate more time to our blog so that our family has a record to look back on!

It’s obviously been awhile since our last update so what have we been up to? We’ve had a great past couple of months from Allison’s first birthday to Thanksgiving, Christmas and then New Years! It’s been a long winter in Minnesota with all of the snow we’ve gotten. I am not sure on our exact standing as of today but I think this year is the 8th snowiest season in recorded history. I was talking to my sister the other day and she said at this point she wants more snow so that we can work on breaking the record. Having to drive 40 miles to work each way I can’t say that I shared the same opinion. The commute this year has been a killer, let’s just say I am ready for all that white stuff to melt away!

Let’s see, what’s been going on with our little Allison Aynne - Over the past couple of months Allison has really started to develop quite the personality. She is a strong willed little girl and likes to get what she wants!!! She started walking right around the time she turned 1 and it’s been hard to keep up with her ever since. She has been working on several new teeth that I’ve actually lost count at this point, it seems like every day I see a new one popping up. Her hair is really starting to grow and she was “blessed” with some beautiful curls, let’s hope she likes hers more than I like mine! We just had her in for her 15 month appointment, a little late though as she was actually just under 16 months at the time. She weighed in at 18 lbs, 4 oz and around 28 inches (although the nurse told us the height measurement wasn’t too accurate as she was moving around a bit much to get a good reading), I think she is a bit taller than that. She’s still a little peanut but what she lacks in size she makes up for in personality!

Monday was a big day for Allison as she started day care for the first time. She will be doing day care 2 days a week, with Grandma Patty 2 days, staying home with Mike 1 day a week, and home with Mommy on the weekends (Mike generally has to work weekends). She wasn’t so sure her first day, she stayed pretty close to the teachers all day and was scared of the other kids. The teachers told me that it is totally normal and it will take her awhile to warm up to everyone. It hurts to even think about her having a hard time there but at the same time I think it just goes to show that this is exactly what she needs. I want to give her exposure to other little kids and other adults so she can get more social interactions! I’m sure it’s just a matter of time that the tears at drop off will turn in to tears at pick up because she won’t want to leave!

Mike had a great first season taking over as one of the owners of Fitzharris Ski Shop. It was tough having him work so much and having him be away from home (or home but on the phone or computer working) but they really did have a great season. I am so proud of all the hard work he did and it really paid off. I think we’re all ready for the spring as it means he isn’t so busy…Allison and I miss him when he’s not around.

I just got back from a weekend with some of my college friends. Allison and I took a little road trip with my friend Heidi to see our friend Kristi in Worthing, South Dakota. It was about a 4 hour car trip and thankfully Allison slept almost the entire time both ways. It was so fun to spend time with Heidi, Kristi and Kristi’s daughter Libby who is just a week younger than Allison. We didn’t do much of anything which was absolutely perfect! We had a great time just lounging around chatting and getting in some quality time together.

Mike and I have a trip to Colorado coming up at the beginning of April…does anyone want to join us? No seriously! My parents have a timeshare in Winter Park, Colorado that they get every 3rd year and since they don’t ski anymore they have been letting us use it. It’s always been a family/friend group vacation but for various reasons no one else was able to make it work this year but me and Mike! So if any of you out there want a last minute vacation, come join us April 1st through April 8th in Winter Park J

Until next time,

Holli, Mike and Allison!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back! MKS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to the blog world! This kept me busy when I couldn't fall back asleep at 6am; keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's no wonder you couldn't sleep this morning Melissa...what an exciting day! I can't wait to see more pictures (and hopefully a video).

    ReplyDelete