Monday, November 12, 2012

Cha...Cha...Changes!!!

Goodness, we have had a few major life changes since the last time I blogged...I suppose it's time to get caught up!

Since so many of our changes have been such major ones, I feel like they all deserve their own post.

We'll start here...Aug 17th, my last day working.  After 8 years I decided that since we were having our 2nd child and moving even further away from the office, it was time to say goodbye.  This wasn't an easy decision as I really did enjoy my job and even more importantly, the people I worked with.

We had a couple "celebrations" at work to send me off, one was a day on the boat with all of my bosses and co-workers.  It was so nice to get away from the office, enjoy the beautiful weather and some great company.  Another day Tim (my original boss/agent...we had since added two other bosses/agents to the office) took me and Mandy (the original 3 in the office) out for lunch on Lake Minnetonka.  Even today thinking back to that afternoon brings tears to my eyes.  I had never seen Tim get emotional, at least that kind of emotional... but he got choked up and had tears in his eyes...needless to say, so did I.  Over the past 8 years the 3 of us had a lot of fun together, it wasn't your typical boss/employee relationship, we were also friends.

My last week of work was really emotional.  Of course the fact I was 9 months pregnant didn't help but I don't think I got through any of those days without tears.  I absolutely dreaded my last day of work, I was an emotional wreck.  My wonderful family surprised me by having warm cookies and milk delivered to the office and then showing up themselves (my Mom, Allison, Hilary,Heather, Matthew, Joseph, and Ella).  When I saw them walking in I lost it and started sobbing...but it was such a wonderful surprise.  I finished the day with "happy hour" with Mandy.  Of course it wasn't the happiest of happy hours since we were both fighting back tears the whole time.  Not many people are lucky to be able to work with their best friend....and stay best friends ;)  I was blessed with that privilege for the last 8 years.  I miss seeing her every day the most!

Here are some pictures of our work Christmas Party this last year.  The pictures speak for themselves, we had a lot of fun together.
Me and Mandy


Mandy, Me and Sue


 Mandy, Me and Tim


Tim, Sue and Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment