Our doctors appointment went great. I decided to switch from an OBGYN to a Midwife. I wasn't 100% comfortable with the OBGYN that I had seen so I thought I would give the Midwife a try. She was great, she really seemed like she was there for us and we weren't just another patient. She attempted to find the baby's heartbeat with a Doppler machine but warned me ahead of time that at that point it may take awhile to find it (because I was just under 11 weeks along). Unfortunately, she was not able to find the heartbeat with the Doppler so she got me in for an ultrasound.
The ultrasound went great, it took seconds and there it was, there was really a baby growing in there! ;) It was surreal to see the baby and hear its little heart beating.
Here are the pictures we got from the ultrasound. In the pictures, the baby's head is on the left, looking right at the camera. I think the best one is on the top left.

I am still feeling pretty good, although there have been moments here and there where I don't feel the best. I am not complaining though, I know how tough a lot of people have it. I am just happy to know that the baby is healthy!
At the end of this week I will officially be done with the first trimester. I can't believe how fast the time is already going....it's going to be December before we know it.
Holli and Mike.
You're right - the next few months are going to fly by so quickly! I can't wait! Enjoy every moment - you never get this first time back, pregnancy or new baby. So enjoy!!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Heather
I've been waiting for an update on here :) I think it looks like Baby Rath is waving at us in that top-left photo, hehe :) Glad you're doing well!
ReplyDelete