
On her 6 month birthday we did decide to try giving Allison some rice cereal, she wasn’t a fan! I am not sure she actually swallowed any of it. We continued trying to give her the cereal for about a week but she never really got the hang of it. We decided to stop for awhile and we will revisit it again in a couple weeks.
Recently we got Allison an exersaucer and she LOVES it. I think it has been great for her to be able to stand there and play on her own, she really does seem to be a happier baby. It’s given her the chance to get some energy out as opposed to always being held or laying down. It’s been fun to see her explore with the different toys and she her little mind working trying to figure out how things work.
Last week Allison and I went to (along with my parents, sisters and niece and nephews) for my Grandma's 85th birthday. Most of my dad's side of the family was able to be there, almost 40 of us. I can't imagine what it has to be like for my Grandma to look at all of us in one place and realize that she was responsible for us all! It was so fun to see my Grandma as well as the rest of the family, the trip went way too fast.
Unfortunately when Allison and I got home for our trip, we both got sick. I started to get a sore throat on Monday and prayed Allison would catch anything from me...no such luck, she did! Thankfully it hasn't been anything more than just a runny nose for her. She has been acting just fine so I am very thankful for that. I think we are both finally starting to feel better, soon we will be back to 100%!
Grandma Jan came up on Thursday and Allison got to spend Thursday and Friday with her while Mike and I worked. It is SO nice that she is able/willing to do that, Allison loves spending time with her.
In other exciting news for our household, Mike is signing papers to become the owner (well, one of them) of Fitzharris Ski and Sport in less than a week. This has been a long time in the making and we're all excited that the time is finally here. He and the other guys who are buying it have some great ideas on what to do with the business and we are excited for what's to come!
We had Allison’s 6 month pictures a couple weeks ago. If you’d like to view them you can go to https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0326128768JCP and enter in my name, Holli Rathlisberger. I think they turned out great, but of course I am her mom so I may be a bit biased. I also ordered a couple of them and scanned them so I will add them to the site as well!
Well, I think I've probably gone on enough for now! I hope everyone has a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend!
Love,
Holli, Mike and Allison
Comments -
Comment•Like
You like this
Holli Oh and how did I forget this...Allison is now rolling over from her back to her tummy AND she is officially sitting up! Part of me is excited to see her accomplish these new things, the other part of me isn't liking the fact that she's growing up too fast :)
May 29, 2010
Kristi Kranzoh my....so fun to hear updates. I wish I would have been committed enough to do a similar thing with blogging for Lib. and oh....the pictures are PRECIOUS..........she has such soft beautiful features.......you are one lucky mom....and she is one lucky little girl
June 10, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment