Friday, September 30, 2011

First trip to the ER

No childhood is complete without a trip to the ER, right?!?!?  That's what I'm telling myself at least.  Now that we have our trip out of the way, we can be done...no more thank you!

We had our first (and hopefully last) trip to the ER on Wednesday night.  Mike was at work and Allison and I had just finished eating dinner.  I was starting to do dishes when Allison was climbing up on one of the kitchen chairs.  I didn't see it happen but I heard the chair slip and then Allison was crying.  I didn't think too much about it at first, I was holding her while she was crying but she wasn't settling down as easily as she normally does when she hurts herself.  I sat down on the couch with her and was rubbing her back when I noticed she had blood on her shirt.  It took a little bit for me to find the source of the blood, a cut under her chin.

After talking to my sister (she has her fair share of experience with little mishaps) she thought it would probably be best to take her in.  I called the clinic in town and they said if I could get in before 8 they would see her, if not...I would have to go to the ER (which is right next door).  Allison and I booked it out of the house as fast as we could, but by the time we got to the clinic it was 8:02 and the doors were locked.  On to the ER we went.

Thankfully we had virtually no wait and the doctor was in to see Allison pretty quickly after we got there.  They said that they were going to try and use a strong glue as opposed to stitches to hold the cut together.  Mike was able to get there just as they restrained Allison and put the glue on.  Allison was NOT a fan but thankfully it took less than 5 minutes and as Allison declared she was "all done". 

My sister would be disappointed in me but I didn't get any pictures while we were in the ER.  I did however snap a picture of the cut (I sent it to Mike after it happened to see if he thought we would need to go in). 

Hopefully that will be the end of our trips to the ER....at least for a long long time!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! Poor little sweetie - I hope she's healing well now that it's been a few days. And hopefully that's the worst you all have to experience :)

    ReplyDelete