Saturday, May 26, 2012
It's been awhile
Goodness, I've really neglected this blog haven't I? I can't believe the last time I updated was around Thanksgiving! Lots of things going on right now with the Rathlisberger Family, let me break it down.
Mike and I found out mid December that we would be welcoming a new little bundle of joy to our family. We are due the end of August and couldn't be any more excited. Allison is also excited to become a big sister! We're not quite sure she really knows what's going to happen but we're sure she is going to be a great big sister to this new little one.
The pregnancy has been going great so far. Of course the first trimester made me really REALLY tired. I thought I was tired with Allison but when you add in a toddler you're left with no energy. Thankfully it didn't last and since then I can't really complain. This babe is measuring a little small just like Allison was so the doctor is going to be keeping a little bit closer of an eye on me so we can try to avoid what happened last time!
Other than the pregnancy and becoming a family of four the other big thing that's going on with us is that we're in search of our new home. For years we have known that at some point we'd be moving closer to Fitzharris so Mike could be closer to work. Now that we have another baby on the way, the cost of day care and the cost of gas (both me and Mike driving at least 30 miles in opposite directions to work each way), it seemed as though now is the time to make it happen. We're still in the beginning stages but we hope to move some time in the next 6 months.
Of course with the decision made to move closer to Mike's work it meant that we had to make another tough decision. We decided that I will not be returning to work at State Farm after the baby is born. I don't know that I would say that I love my job but I do love the people I work with. Working in such a small office really fosters building close relationships with your co-workers. After 8 years working with them I am really really going to miss them. I know that we are making the right decision for our family but I am going to be really sad to leave my coworkers!
In Allison news, that little turkey is growing up way too fast! She is becoming less and less a toddler and more a little girl. I don't know when or how it happened but she is just so grown up! Just a couple weeks ago when I was dropping Allison off at day care the director approached me and asked what my thoughts were of moving Allison up to the preschool room. Typically the kids are moved from the toddler room to the preschool room at 33 months but at 30 months (2 1/2) they thought Allison was ready. It was a pretty smooth transition and Allison seems to be loving her new classroom.
In other exciting Allison news, she is officially potty trained :) My friend Beth shared a potty training method with me after she and her son had success with it. I can't say that I was in a real huge hurry to potty train Allison but with a new baby on the way I thought, why not? I had a little (ok, A LOT..to the point of losing sleep) apprehension going in to our weekend of training. Turns out though that all that worry was for nothing, it worked! After the 3 days Allison was potty trained. Any one looking to potty train their little ones, I would for sure recommend this method.
I am sure there is a ton more I should share but for now I will leave it at that! Hopefully with all the stuff going on in the next couple months I will get on here and blog a bit more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment