Allison has been having a couple really great days and we couldn't be happier. Yesterday she was up to 3 lbs, 2.8 oz...little porker :)
On Friday night she had to have a new IV put in but they were having a difficult time finding a spot that would work. Instead of putting a new one in they decided to increase her feedings and test to make sure she handled them well...well, she did great so NO MORE IVs!!!! I can't even tell you how happy I am about that. It is one less thing she is hooked up to and one step closer to getting her home with us.
She is doing great with feedings and eating like a champ. One of the requirements for her to come home is that she has to show she can eat exclusively through bottle or breast. We have been working on breast feeding and she is doing great. I am a little worried about how much she is actually eating when she does that though...a concern I think most 1st time moms probably have. She takes the bottle really well too. The nurses are always really impressed with her every time she finishes a whole bottle (we have a new nurse pretty much every day/shift so little do they know that she almost always takes a whole bottle)! That's ok though, we don't mind our little girl showing off!
Allison is now done with the Bili lights so yesterday we were able to have her out a lot more. We got to hold her from 4 until 9:30 (when we left to go home). It's so hard to just leave her there, I just want to take her and go home and get on with being a family! I know they are taking such good care of her there and I am SO thankful for that...but I just want my little girl home with us!
Another piece of GREAT news is that yesterday when the nurse practitioner was doing her rounds we asked what she thought as far as timing went for Allison to come home. She thought maybe only a week! A week?!?!?! I am trying not to get my hopes up (too late) but I would be SOOOO thrilled if we got to take her home with us in a week. It will feel amazing to finally be home and start our new lives together as a family of 3!
Allison is doing great and continues to impress us all. We have one tough cookie on our hands.
Such wonderful news! Keep showing off Allison, we're all there on the sidelines cheering you on :) I hope you can all be home together by Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work little lady!!! Can't wait to meet you :)
ReplyDelete