Our little princess is doing great! She is a growing girl now up a little past 3 lbs. Ok, 3 lbs doesn't sound like a lot but compared to 2 lbs 15 oz, it sounds like a ton to us!
Allison is in the Special Care Nursery at Abbott Northwestern Hospital. Believe it or not, she is the biggest baby in the room. All the nurses are really impressed with how great she is doing. One of the nurses said that Allison doesn't even know how small she is because she acts like a big girl.
I have been spending my days at the hospital with Allison. Because of my surgery I am not able to drive so my family has been absolutely wonderful in making sure that I get to be with my peanut. Mike has had to go back to work but he comes down on the evenings when he gets done early enough so he can see his princess.
Yesterday Allison had to go back under the photo therapy light because her bilirubin levels were back up. I am sure she doesn't mind the light but I am ready for her to be done with that. Hopefully it is just a day or two more of that. Later today Allison will be able to get her IVs taken out and we are so excited. As her feedings have gone up, the fluids she has been getting through the IVs has been coming down. She will be up to enough milk that she won't have to be on any IVs. Every day that I have been in there they have had to change out the IV and find a new spot, in her hand, feet, head...wherever they can. I am sure she will love not having to be poked and prodded so much.
We haven't gotten any further word about how much longer they think Allison will stay in the Special Care Nursery but we would guess at least another week or two. She is doing great, she just needs to continue to grow!
Holli and Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment