Allison is doing great, gaining weight little by little...but we will get there.
Exciting news yesterday was that she took my milk through a bottle. They had said they would be putting a feeding tube in (and they probably will still have to) but for yesterday she took the milk like a big girl. The bottle was about half the size of her and the nipple filled her whole mouth but she did such a great job.
I have gotten to do kangaroo care with her a couple times which I think does more for me than it does her, it just gives me such peace to be so close with her. They lay her on my chest skin to skin and I just get to soak her up. I love hearing her little squeaks and the sounds she makes.
Mike and I are heading down there today and I am excited for him to get a chance to feed her and give her the kangaroo care. I am pretty sure that little Miss Allison already has her daddy wrapped around her little fingers.
Mike and I just want to thank everyone so much for their love and support over the past week. We can't even begin to explain to you how much it has meant to us.
I also just want to thank Mike for everything he is doing to keep me going strong. I haven't quite been myself but he has been my rock. He has taken on so much the past couple days and I can't even tell you how much I love him for that. I really wouldn't have gotten through these past couple days without his love and support!
Here is a link to all of our pictures that we have uploaded to Snapfish. I am sure there will be more day by day...we can't get enough of our little girl http://www5.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2474955007/a=52613035_52613035/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/
Every time I read a post, I cry. It is time for you and Mike to grow together, and it is so great for you both that you are able to step back and thank him for it. Helps you see what you have and him to know what it means. I can't tell you how happy I am that Allison is doing so well. We have 3 little ones in our family all born at 33 weeks, it is always hard when they are so little, no matter how great they are doing. Keep up the rest for yourself and please give Allison kisses from me and my crew - we can't wait to meet her. Ben has added her to his prayer list at night.
ReplyDeleteIt's great to hear she's doing so well. She may not be home for Thanksgiving, but she's almost sure to be by Christmas. I believe she'll fit in the stocking. And what a gift!
ReplyDeleteLori Fiedler
and Bruce and Erich and Luke